Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What caused me to have a panic attack?

We just finished talking about feature photographs in class. This week’s assignment was to go out and find a rover to photograph. A rover is when you drive around to find something interesting to  photograph. I chose the Levis Commons Fall Fun Fest on Oct. 8. Levis Commons put a fun spin on Halloween. There were hayrides and an art station for the little kids.

When we started talking about feature photography, I thought this was going to be an easy assignment. I was mistaken. 

Feature photography is a lot harder than it looks. I was so nervous to walk up to people and ask them for their caption information, I actually had a panic attack.  I am getting used to taking pictures of people, but the hardest part of this assignment for me was gaining the courage to walk up to a complete stranger to ask if I can take their photograph and get the caption information.

I realized that I am not cut out to be a photojournalist at this time. Maybe with a lot of practice I can abandon my shyness and become a great photojournalist some day. 
Perrysburg resident Inge Johnson, left, and South Toledo resident Ruth Summers take a break from there long walk at Side Cut Metro Park on Oct. 11. They said they usually have a picnic after their 4-mile walk.

Riley Wolfe, 10, of Curtice, Ohio, pets Bonnie while waiting for the hayride at Levis Commons' Fall Fun Fest on Oct. 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment