Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stress Mode

                                                                                                                                                         
The end of the semester is quickly approaching. This means I am in full blown stress mode. I am working diligently on finishing my assignments in my Careers in Photography and Portfolio Preparation classes. Looking like a professional photographer is harder than I thought. I never thought about all the networking and marketing aspects that I need to accomplish. Not only do I need to take fantastic photographs; I also need to use great networking and marketing skills to get my name out there. To make a living out of taking stunning photographs, you need more than photography skills; you must also be a savvy businessperson.  
Some of the essential marketing aspects that I need to produce for my portfolio are an artist statement, biography, fact sheet, image list, price list, business plan and business cards. It was definitely hard to write my artist statement and biography. Trying to figure out who I am and why I chose photography as a career is a lot harder than I thought.
I have been using social media for years now; but more as a personal aspect not a professional aspect. Throughout this semester I have started to use social media and more of a professional tool. I have recently created a LinkedIn account, twitter account, Google+ account, and a professional blog. After this semester is over I am going to sit down and create a professional business page on facebook. If you would like to check out some of my work, please feel free to check out some of my sites.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment