Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The First Amendment

Amendment 1

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
 
The First Amendment is a huge deal to me as photographer/photojournalist. Without the First Amendment, I could not photograph whatever I wanted at any time. The First Amendment allows me to walk through a park and photograph kids playing. The First Amendment even allows me and other photojournalists to pull over to the side of the road to photograph an accident that has just happened. 
 This amendment allows me to actually get in close and photograph an injury due to the accident, as long as I am not in the way of the rescue process.


Basically, I have the right to photograph anything and anyone who is in a public place. Without the first amendment we would all live in a world that could censor our every move. I plan on exercise my First Amendment rights every chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment